Welcome to the easiest bread recipe ever! No really… this is one that anyone can make.
3 cups all purpose flower
1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
1/2 Tbsp Salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 can beer – 340 ml
1 tsp dried herbs / Origanum / Rosemary (depending on taste)
1/2 tsp garlic
2 Tbsp Vegan Butter ( we use Maize butter)
- Preheat Oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Grease loaf tin
- Mix all dry ingredients. (sift the flower)
- Add beer and stir till mixed. Don’t stir vigorously.
- Place in loaf tin. This should be enough for two small loaves.
- Melt butter and pour over mixture
- Bake for 60 mins.
- You do not have to kneed the mixture. Simply stir it so everything is mixed. It does seem strange not to have to mix thoroughly but just trust the recipe.
- Baking time also depends on oven reliability. if unsure how your oven performs bake for 50 mins and just check if the bread is ready.