Vegan CrumpetsCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
750 ml all purpose flour
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2-2 ½ Tbsp baking powder
3/4 Tbsp salt
750 ml non dairy milk (Almond, Oat etc…)
2 Tbsp of plant based butter
1 ½ tsp vanilla essence (optional: But who doesn’t love vanilla … )
1 – 2 Tbsp Plant based butter / Vegetable oil for cooking
Toppings – Berries, Agave, cinnamon, syrup, use your imagination!
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of plant butter and add to mixture.
- Add plant based milk of choice and vanilla essence
- Use stick blender to mix for approx 1 min
- Dip paper towel into plant-based butter and wipe pan.
- Use low to medium heat to cook crumpets. use approx 60 ml per crumpet. Depending on the pan size 2 -3 per crumpets per batch.
- Cook until bubbling and flip with egg lifter. Time will depend on your stove and heat. Don’t leave the kitchen.
- Main thing observe how hot your stove is as you don’t want to burn these little guys.
- Toppings go mad according to your taste. Literally anything goes so go wild.
- Call them what you like crumpets, flapjacks or pancakes… we just call them nice!